J) St John Presbyterian Church

Built-in 1864 with Welsh slate, the church was originally found on Norwich quay but moved to Winchester street to be closer to the other churches .

After the earthquakes, the Presbyterian parish combined with the Methodist church called the Port Hills Uniting Parish.

This can be found on the way to the original St John's site at 40 Winchester Street and is shown in the 4th photo. 

J) St John Presbyterian Church

Categories