Q) Historic Lyttelton Times building
Walter and John Shrimpton brought the first printing press across the world with them when they boarded the Charlotte Jane.
The historic newspaper was first located in a small shed on Norwich Quay and the first edition of The Lyttelton Times was published in January 1851.
In 1854 the newspaper moved location to Oxford Street Lyttelton, but in 1863 it was moved to Christchurch.
The last edition of the newspaper was published in 1935. At the time of closing, the paper was the longest-running newspaper in New Zealand.